Defamatory content posted on the internet can destroy the reputation of an individual, a small business or a Fortune 500 company. We have been involved in a variety of internet defamation cases and understand how to navigate the common pitfalls. Our team works to identify and stop anonymous defamers, removes defamatory information from websites and search engine indices and seeks to recover damages.
In the wild west atmosphere of the internet, experience matters. As lawyers, we are typically able to take swift steps to assist in the removal of defamatory content online or end other internet crises. Indeed, given the short statute of limitations of online defamations cases in the majority of states, it is important to consider taking action quickly.
We believe that providing appropriate solutions for our clients’ online defamation and other internet problems requires a full understanding of the available resources and avenues of recourse, as well as how and when to use the available options. Our attorneys have extensive experience developing appropriate solutions for our clients’ online defamation and other internet problems. This includes:
- Obtaining court orders that result in the removal of damaging websites;
- Obtaining court orders that result in the removal of URLs containing defamatory content concerning our clients from Google and other search engines;
- Obtaining temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions ordering parties’ to stop making false statements about our clients online;
- Obtaining permanent injunctions that result in the removal of false statements concerning individuals and businesses;
- Developing solutions for clients being defamed by bloggers and other internet users;
- Removing defamatory material from the internet by negotiating with clients’ former customers, employees and competitors; and
- Assisting clients to get content removed from websites such as Yelp and Wikipedia
If you are facing a serious problem that is damaging you or your business on the internet, you need someone who has experience with internet defamation and understands the various solutions. For more information, call Whitney Gibson at 855.542.9192 or contact us.